Need a quick lunch? Make a waldorf salad in the beginning of the week, and eat it plain, with crackers, or with whole wheat bread for the rest of the week. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup walnuts halves
- 1/2 cup non-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 lemon, zest finely grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large crisp apples, such as Gala
- 2 ribs celery (with leaves), sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces (leaves chopped)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool and break the nuts up into small pieces.
Halve, core, and cut the apples into 3/4-inch pieces, leaving the skin intact. Add the apples, celery and raisins to the bowl, and sprinkle with the lemon juice; then toss with the dressing. Cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately.
When ready to serve, toss walnuts into the salad.