Getting sick of the same old milk and cereal for breakfast routine? Try something new, quick , and mighty healthy to start your day off! Delicious whole grain french toast with a little added syrup and fruit for a sweet and fresh kick!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp. of real vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. of maple syrup
- 4 slices whole grain bread (preferably stale)
- Topping: real maple syrup and fresh fruit
- In a shallow pan, combine egg whites, vanilla extract and syrup. Beat lightly with a wire whisk.
- Put the slices of bread into the pan, flip over to coat both sides.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the slices on preheated skillet for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately. Drizzle with maple syrup and top with fruit.