If you’re on the run and need to grab a quick snack, hummus is the PERFECT solution! It’s simple to make, and can go with just about any vegetable or cracker that you want. My favorite type is sun-dried Tomato (recipe shown below), but there are dozens of different types and flavors, so you are bound to find one that you like!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (optional)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Place garbanzo beans, tahini, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, and maple syrup in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add in fennel seed, nutritional yeast, and onion; blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Thank you allrecipes.com (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sun-dried-Tomato-and-Fennel-Seed-Hummus/) for this recipe!